Application and Requirements –
The controller (NVR) will be housed in the detention area of each police van. A compact size controller is desirable.
– It will connect to multiple cameras with CAT 6 cable for connection to a networked switch.
– The cameras will be recording temporary video to offload to servers for forensic use.
– It will require wide operating temperature Solid State Drive (SSD) since it will be installed onboard a police van. In-vehicle Camera Use by Low Enforcement Page 3 of 5 – www.axiomtek.com
– It will require wireless communications, allowing specifically for 4G LTE when available for efficient streaming of the video images.
– It will require compatibility with selected security software. – It must have digital I/O and possibly CANBUS interface.
The police department wanted the application to be successfully deployed in a relatively short period of time. The selection process began very quickly. All of the required equipment and software needed to be tested for compatibility and achieve the expected capabilities and performance.
Axiomtek’s eBOX626-841-FL was selected for the pilot run of the project. This fanless, ultra-slim embedded system with low power consumption Intel® Atom™ Processor E3826 (Bay Trail SoC) met all of the requirements set by the engineering firm for the project. It offered compact size; wide operating temperature range from -20°C to +60°C; full feature I/Os; and other useful key features including DIO, many USB ports, two RS-232/422/485 ports and a 204-pin DDR3L-1066/1333 SO-DIMM of up to 8GB.
Wireless communication requirements were met by two PCI Express Mini Card slots and one SIM slot. It also offered one 2.5”SATA drive bay and MSATA support. The system’s customizable capabilities included 128GB wide operating temperature iSLC SSD and 10V -34V DC wide power input range.
Other Axiomtek Transportation Embedded Solutions
Axiomtek’s most recent model of the tBOX product line embedded pcs with low power consumption Intel® Atom™ processors is compact in size, powerful and feature-rich. The tBOX810-838-FL has eMark, ISO7637, EN50121 and IEC60945 certifications to meet the safety requirements of various vehicle pcs and rail pcs standards.
·eMark, ISO7637, EN50155 class TX, EN50121 and IEC60945 certifications for rolling stock transportation applications
· Fanless with wide operating temperature range of -40°C to +70°C (-40°F to +158°F)
· Low power consumption Intel® Atom™ Bay Trail-I processor E3845 quad core (1.91GHz) or E3827 dual core (1.75GHz)
· M12 connector I/O interface for Gigabit LAN with optional RJ-45